Asia’s first commercially available plant-based tamagoyaki was launched by egg substitute specialist OnlyEg at the FHA 2022 on 6 September. Sushi servings and Poke bowls were shared with press and public at the launch demo by Chef Martin and the Poke Theory team. Most common comments overheard:
“This is not an egg Tamago?”
“What is it?”
“It’s normal Tamago sushi!”
“Are you kidding me? You could sell this at sushi restaurants.”
Perfect for the sushi market and plant-based specialist cuisine, the Tamagoyaki will be the fourth product in OnlyEg’s collection of shreds, patties and XL omelettes. OnlyEg’s plant-based eggs fit a wide spectrum of cuisines and offer a wholly natural, zero-cholesterol, fibre-rich, allergy-proof and cruelty-free, sustainably produced alternative egg that packs as much protein as a chicken egg.
If you missed the OnlyEg Tamagoyaki launch at FHA – in September, Poke Theory will also launch a nationwide poke bowl featuring OnlyEg in its Caramelised Onion & Black Vinegar Tamago bowls.
Alternatively, check out the other new launches :
- Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa, Casserole (OnlyEg in Assam Laksa and Nicoise Salad)
- Conrad Centennial (OnlyEg x Impossible Wrap , OnlyEg Tamagoyaki bowl)
- Dragon Chamber (Cheeseburger rolls with OnlyEg omelette and Roasted “Kou Shui” Egg with OnlyEg Tamago)
- The Hainan Story at Hotel Boss (plant-based Curry Rice with OnlyEg Omelette x Tindle)
- Three Buns (Le Smak Burger with OnlyEg Shreds and Boyz to Men burger with OnlyEg patty)
- Warung Ijo (with local favourites including OnlyEg Nasi Lemak, Nasi Pendang, Orh Luak)
- Old Town White Coffee (plant-based OnlyEg Classic Bee Hoon with Sweet & Sour Meat, OnlyEg Macaroni with Tomato Mushroom meatball and OnlyEg Toast with Ham, starting on Sept 1st)
- Cedele (plant-based Kale x OnlyEg sandwich, available at Cedele WaterPoint outlet)
- Bangkok Jam, Great World City and Plaza Singapura outlets (OnlyEg Pad Thai, kway teow, basil tofu rice, olive fried rice)
- Singapore Food Festival: OnlyEg is an official sponsor and will serve OnlyEg Patties in Satay Onigiri as part of Hawker Heroes by Chef Nicholas Koh from 31 Aug – 11 Sep. OnlyEg Tamago will also be served in a sushi workshop for 24 pax by Chef Martin on 11 Sep at 12noon.
OnlyEg products were launched in June to suppliers, hotels and F&B establishments and are showing great commercial traction. They are now already in over 20 hotels and restaurants outlets, such as ShangriLa, Conrad, Cedele, Bamboo Bowls, Bangkok Jam, Love Handle, Solo Ristorante, Old Town, Warung Ijo and, at press time, in partnership processes with hundreds more.